A short notice and a poll.
Jun. 5th, 2010 08:18 pmOur first giveaway has ended and the winner should have her copy of The Iron King in a few days. Again, congratulations! :D
I'm planning a new giveaway soon, but I'm open to suggestions should anyone have any. (See also: how to make my TBR pile grow.)
I'm currently without an internet connection at home, so I'll be online only sporadically. I do however have access to my email accounts 24/7, which means any and all comments here will reach me.
Meanwhile! I was wondering whether you guys would like linkspam type posts every now and then to offsite giveaways.
I'm planning a new giveaway soon, but I'm open to suggestions should anyone have any. (See also: how to make my TBR pile grow.)
I'm currently without an internet connection at home, so I'll be online only sporadically. I do however have access to my email accounts 24/7, which means any and all comments here will reach me.
Meanwhile! I was wondering whether you guys would like linkspam type posts every now and then to offsite giveaways.
Poll #3333 Linkspams
Open to: Registered Users, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 4
Would you like to see linkspam posts here?
If you've voted for "maybe", please tell me more (why, how, etc.)!
no subject
on 2010-06-05 06:47 pm (UTC)no subject
on 2010-06-05 06:57 pm (UTC)It's probably a good idea to add tags as well, such as "giveaway: international", or "giveaway: contest" or something like that.
no subject
on 2010-06-05 07:20 pm (UTC)no subject
on 2010-06-05 07:24 pm (UTC)... well I'm a LIS (Library and Information Science) student. I'm all for tags, but tend to want to go overboard and then minimalise it to avoid the former. Just, idk, hit me over the head and tell me if you'd like to see something specific.
no subject
on 2010-06-06 02:42 pm (UTC)Categories for medium or content would be nice, too -- i.e. is it a book, a game, is it a download or a physical item... that sort of thing. I wouldn't need the tags to be extremely detailed, though.
Oh, I almost forgot -- I'd love having a tag for giveaways that are still open vs. closed/unavailable ones. Granted, that's not very feasible for websites because you can't check all of them regularly -- though people could leave a comment when they encounter a dead link? -- but it would help in instances where it's a one-time offer, a contest or "first come, first served" hosted by individual people.
no subject
on 2010-06-06 03:19 pm (UTC)Within the list I'd add deadlines and nationality requirements in brackets. That way I don't have to edit the entries all the time, and giveaways tend to have relatively short deadlines.
I'll need to setup an rss reader to check sites that regularly do giveaways and maybe a twitter list for that purpose.
Checking the FCFS entries isn't realistic unfortunately. We'd need a different platform for that, were edits can be made GUI style.
With actual linkspams it's not really practical to do tags on the entry since they would cover all of the links.
Hmm. I think it'll settle into something usable once I actually start doing it. Got to compile the code so to speak. :)
Re: content.
I've tentatively started doing that already, I just need to keep up enforcing that (see
As for downloads vs. physical items I think it's sufficient to only tag downloads as such.
Speaking of these categories, I suppose the grouping in the linkspams could be hierarchical (first by content type, then by giveaway category or the other way around).
no subject
on 2010-06-06 03:21 pm (UTC)no subject
on 2010-06-06 03:34 pm (UTC)